One love

One love
never enough love, spread it yeah

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Live Free, Fast And Never Dying Young

So they say you are the sum of your experiences and nothing determines who we will become as those things we chose to ignore…Sandor Mcna said that one. Point is I cant express how much I agree with both of these sentiments.
Its often too easy to take a look at one’s life  and dismiss It as boring or lacking the substance that that particular individual desires and blah blah blah *insert complaints of discontentment here*. Hold your horses before you decide to banish this as the senseless ramblings of a man who is entirely content with status of his life. Just those of man who knows there is room for improvement in his and definitely yours. Yes you with the stupid sceptical look on your face, thinking “what the fcuk does he know ‘bout my life”.

Back to the point of your life not being as interesting as you would like. I mean take a second to look the things that define you as a person. The sum of your experiences right? Myself for instance I survived disease with 80% mortality rate, studying in the shit hole, being completely and unilaterally  written off by a father who was a major factor in me losing a mother to whom I owe all that is good in me. ..those are just off the top of my head with very little effort. Hell I’m sure there is best seller or a multi million rand blockbuster somewhere in there. Pretty sure there is one in the story of your life too.

What does this have to do with living free and fast you ask? Well I’m only twenty-four. Yet I’m at a point where one does more self reflection than normal. Which is more than most, the type of thing that makes you start a blog cause you are under the illusion that you have something to say. Looking at my day to day life which is filled with me liking things. Literally alcohol, sex, drugs and the good music (’’,) not to mention BMF (blowing money fast), the emotional recklessness that my mates and I constantly put ourselves through dreaming big, taking the risks to get the biscuit. I say its pretty free and at time recklessly fast but what do I know, to be honest I really don’t care only God can judge me. I am of the opinion that one must be brave, take risks for nothing can substitute of experience. In this life where it is both great and terrible, short and endless none of us come out if it alive. My excuse for living so reckless and living too damn close to the edge is that I’m old enough to know better and young enough to not give a fcuk!

Therein lies the other side of the coin…Like Sandor Mcna said the things we chose to ignore will have a hand in determining who we will become. Which begs the question especially for myself. Have I chosen to ignore all the things that would have a role in moulding me into “good” person. You know the stand-up guys your parents dream you will on day become. Nope not at all. Not to mention the person who your parents want you to be is really irrelevant, for all that matters is who you want to be. Well me, I’m rather happy with the man I am. Simply because while I have undoubtedly decided to embrace a total balls to the walls approach to life.

Oh well cheers to life!

('',)

Regards VC

No comments:

Post a Comment