One love

One love
never enough love, spread it yeah

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happiness…(Or the pursuit of it anyway)




The dictionary definition of Happiness: A state of mind characterized by contentment, love, pleasure, satisfaction or joy. Truth be told kinda sounds overrated to me.

This is the most sought after state of mind the human race has ever seen. Which is precisely  why it annoys me so. It is exactly that, sought after! You‘d think after millions and millions of years of evolution we would have figured out how to attain it…In this rat race that is life we all want the cheese at the end of the maze. Shitty thing is when we eventually get there and sink our teeth into that piece of yellow delight, savouring every morsel to that last bite. When we are done all that’s left is fleeting memory of this “state of mind”, the daunting task to find another piece of fcuking cheese at the end of another maze and not to mention a stool after your digestive system is done with it…Nice.

Enough with the bleak stuff. Goodness me is it good when you do get the end of that maze,  The feelings you experience due to all the endofrins and what not secreted by your brain is like none other. The question is how do you attain everlasting happiness?! Well according to the dictionary, you have to go in search of contentment, love, pleasure, joy and what not.

OK fine seeing as how that’s what we got to work with we might as well run with this guideline. Contentment, well that easy, I cant be content unless I’m happy and I cant be happy unless I’m content. (that was a quick and decisive FAIL). Love, well now that’s a doozy. Seeing as how people are always falling into and out of love, it offers no solution to the everlasting part…(FAIL, again) Pleasure, now that not so difficult, for example I get pleasure from a nice wank. (Don’t you dare judge me, you all do it too!) I get pleasure form a lot of other thing to but to illustrate my point I chose this. ( so somewhat of a success here, no?)  Joy, another easy one. I get so much joy from watching, watching Man Utd thoroughly outplay and thump Liverfool FC. (another success, ok so we’re getting somewhere here). 

Ok, so back to the bigger picture here, from the above to attain everlasting happiness . I would essentially have to be a football watching, wanker who is hopeless in love with some broad for the rest of my days. Don’t know about you to me that equals EPIC FAIL!…Hacked! 

Today the most agreed upon way to achieve happiness is self  realization no?
How does one do that when human beings are inherently most ‘themselves’ when  they are least aware of themselves. Then who the hell or what are we?!

What is it that we are aware of? Or are we just conscience? And no they are not the same thing or some form of the other…Hear me out here. Awareness is not a form of consciousness. Consciousness means you are in a state of mind to allow awareness. Awareness is more specific because you can pin point things that being aware causes you to notice. Either way we aware of something. Which draws us away from your core/true self and in doing so away from being truly happy. Your core self allows for creativity and self  expression without mental or emotional conditioning. Hence Being ‘unaware’ draws you nearer to your true nature and self realization = happiness right? So basically all human beings are their true selves, identifiable by what they do, when they are unaware.

Either way no matter how unattainable everlasting happiness may be. I for one and I’m damn sure the rest of the human race will continue to pursue it because the cheese at the end of the maze  just tastes too fucking good not to ….

1 comment:

  1. Firstly...I read your first blog and it was sweet, I appreciate the things you send! I don't want to discourage you from writing and by no means to I claim to be a pro. Having said that here are some pointers I think will be helpful in the future. The idea was extremely cool and I'm gonna start a blog and rewrite this with some changes, if that is okay with you. Pick a style of writing and stick with it, some times you were causal and then other times you were serious and it makes it appear sloppy. Another thing is your swearing and use of crass, remember what we discussed...when used right it adds effect to something but if over used it cheapens something beautiful. Descriptions are great, they can help explain things. The things you feel are beautiful, meaningful and they make you who you are so do not down play them...if pleasure to you is a "wank" then that's all right. And I will pretend that, that is not in the least bit disturbing to me. But as opposed to saying "wank" you could say "I get pleasure from a nice masturbating section." That already changes what you said from a silly boy talking about playing with his winky to a grown ass man talking about the reality that when sex is not available there are ways of keeping himself pleased without having to deal with the complexities that come from a sex partner. Women, love and sex...all part of pursuing happiness and all create problems that lead you off the path of happiness. It would have been interesting had you discussed the double sidedness of that.

    P.s. I remember when auntie Pam wanted you to write that book and you wrote stuff and asked me to read it! This is much better, practice makes perfect! I look forward to reading more blogs and having less and less to comment about each time!

    Love you toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaach!

    ReplyDelete